RAISING THE BAR.
INTRODUCING THE NEW 6D HELMETS ATR-2 WITH ADVANCED ODS – LUXURY HELMET BAG INCLUDED
The Most Compliant Energy Management Solution Available.
From low to high velocity impacts the ATR-2 out- performs the market competitors by significant margins.
The advanced ODS system is freer to manage shearing loads while managing linear compressions with a combination of isolation dampers and variable height EPP damping towers.
Low Velocity Impacts are Far and Away the Most Common Type of Off-Road Accidents.
Medical research has provided alarming conclusions surrounding the causes, severity, and long-term effects of concussions. Even seemingly minor concussions may have much more serious long-term effects on the brain.
No other helmet company cared about low-threshold energy transfer before 6D brought the issue to light in 2013. This is the most critical performance range of helmets and covers all impact velocities below the certification standard’s requirements, for both linear and angular accelerations.
Low-Threshold Energy is the most concerning problem facing the athlete today, illustrated in this simple graph to the right. As you can see, the energy transfer in all the competitive helmets referenced is at, or above the concussion threshold for an adult male and accurately represents the market.
6D’s Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) starts working the instant any force is applied to the shell. Its suspended inner liner travels and shears under crash impact loading thereby reducing energy transfer to the brain.
Time is Critical in Reducing Energy Transfer to the Brain.
Time-To-Peak (TTP) is the measurement of time (in milliseconds) it takes the energy of an impact to reach maximum (peak) G force. Deceleration time is the single most beneficial component of reducing the severity and magnitude of any impact. The more time, the less severe the energy transfer will become.
6D’s advanced ODS technology buys time.
Angular Acceleration Force is the Primary Cause of Concussion.
Angular acceleration (rotational force) is generated from oblique angle impacts to the helmet surface resulting in shearing, stretching, and tearing, of the soft tissues within the brain. The medical community has determined that angular acceleration is the primary cause of concussion, traumatic brain injury and worse.
Laboratory testing at Wayne State University* has proven that a helmeted head sustained the same degree of angular acceleration as the un-helmeted head when subjected to identical impacts. This is because the helmet is directly “coupled” to the wearer’s head. One of the major benefit features of Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) is that it effectively “uncouples” that relationship allowing the shell and outer liner to shear independently to the inner layer and the head-form; thereby scrubbing off a high percentage of the angular acceleration force.
THE NEXT LEVEL
ATR-2 vs ATR-1
The new ATR-2 with advanced ODS provides substantial improvements in performance over the current ATR-1 across the entire range of energy demands; low, mid, and high velocity accelerations for both linear and angular accelerations.
- ODS™ (Omni-Directional Suspension™) Technology
- Shell is Advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass and Kevlar
- New PC Halo Improves durability of inner EPS liner & overall performance
- AirFlow Management 8 intake ports, 13 transfer ports, and 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- Large eye port opening
- Contoured roost guard
- Integrated traction posts at the report
- Rear Delta Vent Evacuates air by creating a low-pressure venturi effect
- Clavicle Cut-Away Reduces both mass and weight, while providing increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Fully compatible with all neck braces
- Titanium “D” rings and chin strap rivets
- Removal, washable Comfort Liner Genuine CoolMax™ anti-bacterial fabric
- Emergency Release Cheek Pads
- Sternum Pad – Provides a progressive surface for added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- Shear-away Visor Screws
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings
- Exclusive 6D™ graphics
- Shell constructed from Carbon Fibre